Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Golden Boys

Need I remind you of the stupendous location of our hotel in Marin, right at the base of the Golden Gate bridge? Lance was able to join us one day to hike up the trails in the Headlands to one of the abandoned military fortresses that put you above the level of bridge, which I didn't know was possible. He brought along the dogs, Betty, and my namesake, Carl - yeah, the runty mutt (who is charming and adorable).




Along the way I took in some of the gorgeous scenery. Brent mostly carried Joseph.



The views from up there were breathtaking!



We brought along a picnic lunch and just reveled in the beauty.
Some interesting tidbits from Fodor's guidebook:
It's a suspension bridge that's meant to withstand winds of >100mph by swaying up to almost 28 feet.
It's one of the world's most popular suicide platforms.
It's orange. I must be colorblind - I seriously always thought it was red!

1 comment:

Hollie Reese said...

I'm with ya...always thought it was red. Interesting