Monday, August 9, 2010

Out with the old, in with the new, in with the newer

Ice is a wonderful thing for your freezer to make, but preferably in the ice tray, not on it, around it, and everywhere else. It would literally snow every time we opened the freezer door.


We have fixed this appliance (which was new a short 8 years ago when we remodeled our kitchen) more than 5 or 6 times already, so we decided it was time to just get a new one. You know, this isn't the type of thing I would normally blog about (because really, would anyone care?), but :
1. It's just so trashy to see a major appliance sitting in your front yard that I had to take a picture, and
2. I coveted the french door fridge so much that I probably willed this to happen, plus
3. I really needed a huge box to make the pirate ship out of, and I will go to any lengths to make my son's birthday special.




Funny thing is:
1. It didn't come in a box - it was wrapped in styrofoam and plastic, so I had to beg the delivery guys for another box they had on the truck, and
2. Although everyone who has seen it has coveted it as well, it was broken since the day it was delivered. Ironically, it would make no ice when the other one was icing up everything in sight.

The repair guy said it needed a new motherboard, and he could order one for me. But isn't that like buying a new car and needing an entirely new engine by the time you get home? Sorry, we got a lemon, so they had to send us a new one. Then we had 2 appliances in our front yard....classy.

No comments: