Friday, August 6, 2010

The Greatest Show On Earth

We went for JT's regular dental appointment yesterday. All morning long, "I don't want to go to the dentist. I don't want to see Dr. K." Like he had any memory of the 1 visit we had a year ago, and they barely even looked at him then. But there was no fussing, and he climbed right into the chair when they asked him to. All he said was, "You help me, Daddy?" and I just held his hand.

He was an angel!

He thought the paper bib was funny. They put sunglasses on him so the big light wouldn't bother him. He picked bubblegum flavored toothpaste. The dentist scrubbed his teeth from front to back and top to bottom. He rinsed, he spit, he let them use the water sprayer and the spit sucker. He got to choose some silly bands. And then, to my astonishment, he bit on these long cotton swabs soaked in fluoride solution (for which he chose banana flavor) for 2 entire minutes. At which point, after restraining myself for so long, I whipped out the camera and said you have got to let me get a picture of this!


And as if that wasn't enough, as we were leaving the office, he said, "That was SUPER fun!"

So we walked to the store across the street and I bought him some jellybeans.
Gotta keep the dentist in business, right?

2 comments:

Hollie Reese said...

Wow! How brave. Also, love the helmet in the last post!!

mimi said...

Brave turned cool...too cute...love and hugs MiMi