Sunday, July 18, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Cap'n Joseph!

Today is Joseph's actual birthday, but we held his big birthday bash yesterday. Any idea what the theme was?


Aye, aye, it was a pirate soiree! It was a tough call between that and Cars, Curious George, or Thomas the Tank Engine, but he was just SO EXITED when he saw all that we pulled together for him.


I have hundreds of photos to sort through from so many people's cameras, so here is a quick sampling from the day, and as usual, I'll drag out related posts over the next week :P

Decorations were all in red, black, and white. I made yards and yards of paper banners to hang everywhere.



I found these cool inflatable swords online, and we put out Joseph's favorite pirate ship play tent in the yard.


One of my favorite things - I made a pirate ship out of a refrigerator box, painted to match his invitation.



I also pulled out (and assembled) this giant Playmobil pirate ship that a relative had given Joseph when he was just a month old. All the kids wanted to play with it!


You know there had to be tons of good food at one of our parties!


And lots of treats too. No pics now, but there was a pinata too, and the kids filled up their treasure boxes with some booty and cookies.


I seriously love the cake I made this year. Even though it was supposed to be 10x more elaborate. I just didn't have the time :(



AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!


There's no way I could have pulled this off without the help of SO many people! We had such wonderful friends and relatives here, and I can't wait to show you pictures of everyone and everything. Keep checking back!

But most importantly, Happy 3rd Birthday Joe Joe! We hope you had a perfect day!!

2 comments:

Hollie Reese said...

Happy birthday!! Carl, will you plan my next
birthday party!!!

mimi said...

We had so much fun with making joejoe's third birthday such a great one...Joseph was the perfect little pirate and he had lots of help from cousins Leyton and Ashton and all of his friends...so glad we were able to be there for the big celebration...and when you just don't think that Carl can top the previous years cake..BAM!!!! He does it. Love and hugs MiMi