Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rubber Ducky, you're the one

I was asked if I'd be willing to make a cake for a baby shower at Brent's office. Of course I agreed! (Of course I knew Brent already told them I would do it before he even asked me.)

It was for a baby boy, and the design was completely up to me. The mommy-to-be requested a coconut cake with cream cheese frosting. I hadn't worked with fondant in a while (I think Jack's christening was the last time...), so I decided to take a stab at it again. Much harder than I remember!! But in the end I even surprised myself with how cute it turned out. Practicing with Play-Do helped a lot.





Congratulations, Lila! And my apologies - Brent told me the cake was for 8 people, not the 30 that showed up, or I would have made a bigger cake. And then I might have gotten a piece too.

3 comments:

Hollie Reese said...

Wow! If the pediatrician career doesn't work for you...there is always opening your own cake store!

Suthern, Glenn, Leyton & Ashton Thibodeaux said...

Are those Cakeballs at the bottom? You killing me Carl(Cake Boss)

Anonymous said...

This is a professional cake, hands down. You are the professional. Better than Cake Boss and the Ace of Cakes- combined - because he can also save your life if you forgot you were allergic to coconut (because the cake looks so good, you might forget).