Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rhythm Nation

In the Fall Joseph and I started a music class together called, well, "Music Together." This particular class is at Glen Echo Park in Maryland, kind of a retro amusement park with a carousel and puppet theater and such. We have to cross over a creek to get there from the parking lot.



We're now into our 2nd session, because he loves it so much. Some of the songs are classics reworked, some are original, and then there's all this tonal and rhythm pattern new-agey kinda stuff, along with the super-cheesey hello and goodbye songs. I must restrain myself from laughing at times, but it really is somewhat infectious in the end. They give you 2 cd's - one for the car and one for the house, so we're listening to it constantly. One of the nice things is that the teacher often gets the kids up and moving too, like this:

video


Shake your groove thing Joe Joe!
And the end there's also a sweet lullaby. Our teacher plays the flute, and encourages the kids to be "hands on" with the instruments.


I'm sure we'll sign on for a 3rd session. Check if they have this in your area!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun watching JoeJoe and all of the kids at music class when I was in D.C.....JoeJoe is a natural...he does have the rythem.....love and hugs MIMI

Tugay Sarıkaya said...

I was addicted to flute, when I was child. It was really enjoyable. I am sure your son is getting enjoy with getting the sessions...


offerofmylife.blogspot.com