Thursday, July 23, 2009

I dreamed a dream

I woke up this morning remembering a dream about how we went to the doctor's office for JT's 2 year old checkup. My staff (since we use my office) said he was 39 inches tall, but I was sure they did it wrong, so I remeasured him and got 38 inches. He weighed a whopping 42 pounds, and I couldn't believe it when I heard it, but it explained my sore muscles and why I'm always tired.

Then we actually went to my office this morning for his real checkup accompanied by Mimi.




Turns out his height was right in between, at 38 1/2 inches. His weight was only 37 pounds, 5 ounces, meaning he only gained 3 pounds in the past 6 months. Which also means I have no excuse to be so tired.

As a treat we went across the street to Cabin John Regional Park, which has a real miniature train. It's a replica of an 1863 steam engine, and for $1.75 you get to ride around the woods for about 15 minutes. We saw deer 3 times! The bell clangs and the whistle blows, and the kids just love it!




No comments: