Saturday, June 27, 2009

Ahoy there, Dads

A Father's Day post a week later...
Growing up, every year we would get my Dad the same Carvel ice cream cake for Father's Day - the "Whale of a Dad" special, which we all though was funny. This year, Brent and I got to be on the receiving end of one of those cakes too along with my Dad.


In fact, there were 5 of us fathers all together with our kids to celebrate. We had driven to my parents' in Jersey for the weekend, and Lance and the gang all came too after spending a day at Hershey Park. My Mom threw together a great meal including her world-renowned "gravy" (meatballs and spaghetti sauce) for a crowd of 14.




New friends were made - Emma and my niece Samantha were texting each other while in the same room,


and I got to catch up with my wonderful niece and nephew, who I don't get to see often enough.

2 comments:

Honey said...

Happy Late Father's Day! Looks like ya'll had a really special one! One day I hope to sample your Mom's famous "gravy!" I have heard rave reviews! Take care. Miss ya'll. Can't believe Joseph is almost 2.

Angela said...

Okay, that thing about the cake almost made me cry.