Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Adventures with Daddy

The quest continues for fun new activities to entertain Joseph on Daddy Daycare Tuesdays. Going downtown last week opened up a whole list of possibilities, and today we took the train to the National Aquarium.



It's actually kind of a sad little aquarium, tucked in the basement of the Commerce building, but in reality it's the perfect size for the attention span of a toddler. We got to see cool things like alligators (that they get from a farm in Louisiana, of all places) and a baby sea turtle, but I frequently found myself thinking, "Mental note, there are more fish at Petsmart." He loved it, which is the most important thing. And even if he hadn't, he loved the train ride there and back!

He didn't care at all about the anemones, but I thought they were vibrant enough to take a few pictures. Now that he sees the pictures, he keeps pointing at them and saying "Oooooooh" and "Wow!" Go figure. Maybe it's my photographic skills he's admiring?


A day wouldn't be a day without a walk to the park too, so we hit Turtle Park after nap. He's impressing me with his interests and skills each time we go - he's venturing away from the sandbox, and he climbed all the way up, across, and down this tire course all by himself.



Yes, he wore a lobster shirt to the aquarium. Didn't plan it, I just like the shirt, and it's the 1st time he wore it.

1 comment:

mimi said...

JoeJoe is so photogenic...he is just too cute...I miss you so much...I just love when you skype me...can't wait to see you in July...That seems like such a long time...Carl..its great how you come up with all these ways to entertain JoeJoe....love yall MiMi