Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What's in a name?

I took Joseph to a park today named "Clemyjontri," and even Shakespeare would be scratching his head trying to figure that one out. Turns out it comes from some (tragic) combination of parts of the names of all 4 kids of the main donor to the park. Whatev.... But everything else about this place was amazing!


It is H-U-G-E, and "all access," which means that every single area and structure can be played on by kids with any disabilty. Joseph never stopped moving for 2 hours! He's the one in the center of the 2nd picture with the red shirt.



Spent a lot of time in the transportation zone - trucks, buses, planes, trains, and even a helicopter to climb on.


Very cool swings. Not sure if I strapped him in the right way, but he didn't seem to mind.



My 2 favorite pics from the day. Amazingly he was so distracted by the park that he didn't realize there was a hat on his head!


2 comments:

Kathy Pascover said...

How funny -- I just heard about this park the other day. Now that I see your pictures, and how much Joseph loved it, I'll have to bring Zoe sometime!

Named for the four kids: Carolyn (CL), Emily (EMY), John (Jon), and Petrina (Tri). Don't you think CapJem would have been a little catchier? :-)

mimi said...

I love the hat...joe joe is just beautiful....love and hugs MiMi