Thursday, February 12, 2009

Martha, Martha, Martha!

Prepare yourself: this entry does NOT contain a picture of Joseph!

I've always been a big fan of Martha Stewart, but for a long time now I've found most of her recipes too obscure or too complicated to even bother trying. That is, until last month's issue showed up with a feature article on CUPCAKES! Valentine's Day always inspires me to bake, and I haven't baked anything for our sweethearts at the adoption agency in quite a while, so I tried out 2 of the recipes.

Brownie cupcakes with basic buttercream and brownie heart cutouts:


Strawberry cupcakes with strawberry buttercream:


Half of them we delivered to the agency today, and the other half are going to work with Brent tomorrow.


Well, there may have been a few left over for us to enjoy on Valentine's Day.

5 comments:

mimi said...

I was prepared to see JoeJoe but Carl the cupcakes are beautiful and yummy looking...wish I could have just reached in and took a taste and I can just taste that icing....Happy Valenines to all....Love and Hugs MiMiand Poppie

Missy said...

I can vouch for the fact that the brownie cupcakes were not only gorgeous but DELICIOUS as well! martha would be very proud. thanks again for a fun play date with such yummy valentine's day snacks. xo

The Thibodeaux's said...

Okay...you need to open a bakery! I CANNOT believe that you made those!! I will have to post a picture of my cupcakes I made today for the kids Valentine's party - I thought they were cute...until I saw yours....you put me to SHAME!!! Great job Carl!

The Houston's said...

I'll take a few!!

Hollie Reese said...

You better watch out..those other stay at home moms aren't going to want to play with you anymore if you keep showing them up like this! JK!! Those are amazing! I hope I get some in the mail!