Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Card Shark

I know it's a new year and a new era now, but to take a step back in time for a second, I want to send a HUGE thank you out to everyone that was sweet enough to tell us how much they loved our holiday card this year. It was truly a labor of love, and far more challenging and complicated than it needed to be. Yes, mostly because of me, since I'm a perfectionist and just want things to be special. Brent would have killed me if I even uttered the word "card" one more time, and our photographer was far too graceful to tell me I was the biggest pain the butt she ever had to deal with after all the changes I requested. I lost count, but I think the card we sent out in the end was actually the 3rd one we designed.

Here are the 3 pics that made the cut - Joseph smiling, starting to giggle, and full on belly-laughing. (Wish I could post the actual card, but I couldn't even begin to imagine how to upload it.)




Here are 2 that we loved that didn't make the cut. Adorable, but just didn't fit in the card the way I wanted it folded. Which is another reason for this post - just wanted everyone to see them!



And props to our photographer, Erica Land, who took these gorgeous portraits and worked tirelessly until the card was exactly the way I wanted it to be. I've recommended her before, and I'm sticking to my word. If you're a local, check her out at www.ericalandphotography.com. I hear Joseph will grace her galleries when she eventually revamps her website.

No comments: