Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Joseph at 15 months

Right off the bat, I owe Joseph an apology. Based on the fact that he was nearly 31 pounds at 1 year old, and didn't start walking until a few weeks ago, I've been telling everyone who asked that he had to be between 33 and 35 pounds. It sure felt that way. But today at his check-up, Joseph only weighed 31 pounds 4 ounces. So he's only gained a whopping 6 ounces over the past 3 months. Which means I really need to go to the gym more, since it seems I'm just getting weaker instead of him getting heavier.
But he has surely grown, and is 35 1/2 inches tall, a full 2 1/2 inches taller than 3 months ago. It shows:


You can tell he's thinning out, since I can fit him into some 18-24 month clothes instead of all 2T's now. All the walking toys from his birthday keep him on the go, and it's amazing that he can just walk across the room all by himself. It still shocks me when I get up to go get something, and out of the corner of my eye I see a little blond person just run from one room to the next, when I'm used to finding him in the same place I left him a minute before.


We've got a few words, like "dada," "papa" (which often sounds a bit like yia yia, but we know he means Brent), "uh-oh," and the latest, which is "woof" every time he sees a dog. He's quite fascinated by all moving animals - dogs, cats, and squirrels alike. Joseph can feed himself really well with a fork, go up and down the stairs, climb up onto something low, points at pictures we name (as well as some body parts), and my favorite, blows kisses. Everyone following along on the blog knows he still rocks out to music, and he loves all books, especially if they make noise.


No complaints on the eating and sleeping front (he ate chicken with garlic sauce, beets, and spinach for dinner!), but I'm expecting him to buck the system any day now. Don't they all at some point? Only complaint is, as in the last picture, that he keeps trying to get up and walk away every time I want to take his picture. May that be the worst of my problems......

3 comments:

The Houston's said...

That is exactly why I stopped taking a monthly picture at 1 year. I couldn't get them to be still!!! I hope, for your sanity, that he continues to be a good eater....but I haven't had such luck! At least he's got a lot of meat to live on for a while!

Lance said...

Maybe if you let him eat some Mike's Pastries his weight wouldn't have flat lined! Like you ever denied yourself a Mike's treat!!

mimi said...

So Mr. GQ is 15 months already--he is so handsome and seems to love to take pictures are maybe he is just grabbing the camera again. love and hugs Mi Mi and Poppie