Thursday, November 8, 2007

New faces, new places

Road trip #3!

This past weekend we took a trip to NJ, inspired by my best friend Lance. He was going to NY with his niece, and suggested we meet halfway between NY and DC, which just so happens to be right where my parents live. I mostly think he wanted to meet Joseph, but I'm a little suspicious he was just craving my Mom's baked ziti (which he got, and then some). My parents live very close to Princeton, so while waiting for Lance to arrive, we took Joseph on his 1st college tour, at Princeton University.



I'd love for him to go to Princeton, but right now I'm still planning on him going to American University. AU just so happens to be within walking distance of our house, so he could live at home, come home for lunch every day, and never party - every college students dream!


Uncle Lance!! (Notice how Joseph is still into his hands - this time he's learned the universal sign for "hang 10!")


Our niece Samantha has been so excited about us having a baby. It broke my heart last year when I asked her what she wanted for Christmas, and she said "for you and Uncle Brent to adopt a baby." (But then she followed through with the list of presents too.) She was so sweet with him, making him smile and laugh.


Our nephew Michael, who's 12 - looking a little less excited than Samantha was.

Trip #4 is coming up soon, on an airplane to Houma, LA for Christmas!

3 comments:

Honey said...

What a traveling man! I can't wait to see ya'll in Houma.
Susie

Hollie Reese said...

I am impressed with all your travels! I wish we could see you soon.

mimi said...

SAMATHA'S WISH CAME TRUE AND NOW WE HAVE ALL BEEN BLESSED WITH THIS BEAUTIFUL LITTLE BOY--LOVE AND HUGS MI MI AND POPPIE