Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Room to grow

You know, it's kinda hard to decorate a room when you don't know if a) you're really ever going to have a baby, and b) if that baby will be a boy or a girl. Green seemed the way to go about a year ago, and I forced Missy and Brent to hold a laser lever to the point of exhaustion so I could paint those perfectly straight stripes! Blue became the accent color when we learned we had a boy, and 3 months later, JT's room is somewhat presentable.


Suthern's brilliant idea to hang the letters with velcro, so they can be adjusted easily.



2 (or was it 3?) mobiles later, we found out that there was just no way to attach one to the crib because of some decorative trim it has. But I refused to give up, and one day I had a brainstorm and realized I could hang it directly from the ceiling from a plant hook with some fishing line. Which of course I don't own, but it was easy to buy at the hardware store. He loves it!!!


4 comments:

The Houston's said...

Very cute room!! I can't believe you painted all those stripes. I am usually the "holder" and feel for Brent and Missy!!!

Hollie Reese said...

Wow...I am amazed at the stripes! The room looks great. He is getting so big!

The Thibodeaux's said...

I am glad you thought the velcro was easy! The name looks so good and the room is just perfect....he is getting soooo big and he is such a cutie pie!!!

mimi said...

JOSEPH'S ROOM IS PRECIOUS-GOOD WORK DADDY CARL--AND TO COME UP WITH THE FISH LINE--WOW I AM IMPRESSED--LITTLE JT IS GETTING SO BIG AND SO HANDSOME--LOVE AND HUGS MIMI AND POPPIE